FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 13, 2023
Contact: Andrea Wade, Mayor’s Office, firstname.lastname@example.org or 812-933-6100
Batesville, Ind. Large Garbage Collection Schedule for 2023
Batesville residents with Rumpke service, Rumpke will collect up to ten large items (material too large to fit in a garbage can/heavier than 75 pounds) on the following Saturdays in 2023: February 4, May 6, August 5 and November 4, beginning at 5:00 A.M. Citizens are encouraged to set their disposable items out the evening before to ensure that items are not missed.
Acceptable Items Include:
– old clothing
– furniture, bedsprings & mattresses (must be covered in cellophane/plastic), etc.
– old rugs, carpet pieces only, no rolls (not weighing more than 75 lbs.)
– rubber hose
– appliances (washers, dryers)
– cans or buckets, totally cleaned and dry
– paint cans (must be dried paint)
Unacceptable Items Include:
– No electronic devices containing mercury (TV’s, computers, microwaves, cell phones, etc.)
– No building and construction materials (bricks, etc.)
– No remodeling materials (interior/exterior)
– No car body parts including wheels and tires
– No steel or metal framing
– No tree limbs, grass clippings or leaves
– No landscape materials
TV’s, computers (& monitors), microwaves, and all other electronics may be dropped off (Fee charged) at the Batesville Area Recycle Center, located at 616 John Street in Batesville. Operating hours are Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. 812-801-9099.