The Batesville Mayor’s Youth Council is an effort to civically engage our youngest citizens. MYC is a great opportunity to give youth a voice and a chance to identify and solve community issues from a youth perspective. At the same time, MYC members are resources for elected officials to receive advice on issues they face, especially those decisions that directly affect young people.
We, the members of the Batesville Mayor’s Youth Council, are individuals working in directions to serve the youth as well as the entire community. We will accomplish this by working with our fellow youth and city officials, improving our understanding of city government. With these objectives, we will improve the city of Batesville for generations to come.
Responsibilities of members
- Participate in goal setting for the MYC
- Attend a minimum of 6 monthly MYC meetings
- Review agenda and supporting materials prior to monthly council meetings and come prepared to participate accordingly
- Stay informed about MYC programs as well as information about community issues
- Fully participate in all MYC sponsored events
- Participate in at least 2 MYC recommended events annually
- Actively serve on at least 1 committee as assigned
- Attend at least 1 City of Batesville Council meeting
- Engage in community work
- Partake in training opportunities offered by MYC
- Inform others about the mission and the programs of MYC
- Encourage community leaders and members to partake in MYC sponsored events and opportunities