Applications are available here or in person at the fire department. Resumes will be accepted only if accompanied by an application. Deadline for all applications and resumes is Thursday, March 31st at 12:00 PM.
During the hiring process applicants will be required to subject themselves to various forms of background checks, physical fitness testing, written aptitude testing, an interview process, and other testing that may be deemed appropriate.
- Must be a resident citizen of the United States.
- Must be 21 years old to apply and not have reached age 36 by date of appointment.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Cannot have a felony conviction.
- Cannot have a misdemeanor conviction involving domestic violence.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Cannot have been dishonorably discharged from the military.
- Must be Indiana, ProBoard or IFSAC Certified Firefighter I/II by the time of appointment
- Must be a certified NREMT or State of Indiana EMT-B or Paramedic
- Must pass a mandatory drug screening test.
The City of Batesville is an equal opportunity employer.