The Batesville Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Police Officer.
During the hiring process applicants will be required to subject themselves to various forms of background checks, physical fitness testing, written aptitude testing, an interview process, and other testing that may be deemed appropriate.
Downloadable application or in person at 132 S. Main Street.
Resumes will be accepted only if accompanied by an application. Deadline for all applications and resumes is January 2, 2023.
•Must be a resident citizen of the United States
• Must be 21 years old to apply and not have reached their 40th birthday by date of appointment
• Must have a high school diploma or GED certificate
• Cannot have a felony conviction
• Cannot have a misdemeanor conviction involving domestic violence
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
• Cannot have been dishonorably discharged from the military
• Must pass a mandatory drug screening test
• Must pass ILEA Fitness Entry Standards
The City of Batesville is an Equal Opportunity Employer.