BATESVILLE, Ind. – The City of Batesville has implemented public access changes to keep city employees and the community safe by restricting in-person visits at the following municipal properties during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Per the recommendation made by local, state and federal agencies, the City of Batesville has implemented the following policies which will be in place beginning Wednesday, March 18 and will be reevaluated in the coming weeks.
- At the Memorial Building, public access will be limited to just the vestibule where citizens can contact the police department. Access to the offices of Building Department, Clerk-Treasurer, City Court and Mayor’s Office will be closed to in-person visits until further notice. Feel free to contact any City department by phone which is listed below.
- The City of Batesville will accept utility payments made online or by drop box which is located at the Water & Gas Department. For additional inquiries and for cash option please contact Water & Gas at the phone number listed below. No utility services will be disconnected for non-payments during the timeframe of these policy changes.
- Batesville Fire & Rescue has closed the fire station to the public until further notice. For emergencies call 9-1-1 and for non-emergencies contact the department at the number listed below.
- The Building Department is open by appointment only. More information available by contacting (812) 933-6103.
- All events at the Ward Building have been postponed until further notice.
- The Economic Development Commission and Parks & Recreation meetings have been canceled for March.
- All city parks and shelters will remain open to be used by the public at your discretion. Park and shelter reservations are available online at https://batesvilleindiana.us/ or by calling (812) 933-6100.
- Curbside trash and recycling collection will continue to be provided.
Citizens can access the City’s services both online at https://batesvilleindiana.us/ or by phone.
Mayor’s Office: (812) 933-6100 Building Commissioner: (812) 933-6103
Clerk-Treasurer: (812) 933-6101 City Court: (812) 933-6102
Community Development: (812) 933-6116 Economic Development: (812) 933-6113
Fire & EMS: (812) 934-2230 Parks Dept. (812) 212-0603
Police: (812) 934-3131 Street Dept. (812) 934-4393
Wastewater: (812) 934-5338 Water & Gas: (812) 934-3811
These procedures are immediate steps that have been taken to reduce the risk of exposure in public spaces and to flatten the curve of the virus.
Receive accurate and up-to-date local COVID-19 information through the Ripley County Health Department, Franklin County Health Department, Margaret Mary Health, Indiana State Department of Health (https://www.in.gov/coronavirus/) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus).