State Road 46 East, East Pearl Street, West Pearl Street and County Line Road serve as the dividing line for weekly pick-up.
Normal collection days are as follows:
- Residences and businesses north of the streets above will be collected on Tuesdays, and residences and businesses south of the streets mentioned, collection is on Fridays.
Garbage items and bagged grass clippings (30 gallons per bag) will be picked up with a maximum limit of five (5) bags per household on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- Pick-up for brush and/or limbs must be bundled, and cannot exceed four (4) feet in length and two (2) feet in diameter. Branches cannot be thicker than four (4) inches around. Bundles cannot weigh more than 50 pounds. Brush or limbs should not be placed in plastic bags.
- To dispose of paint in cans, the paint must be completely dried with a note attached stating: Dried Paint. Mixing equal amounts of inexpensive kitty litter with liquid paint, and leaving the lid off for approximately one week should dry out the paint for proper disposal.
Rumpke offers 18-gallon red recycling bins to all Batesville households, at no additional cost. To have yours delivered, contact Rumpke at 1-800-582-3107. You can also upgrade to a 65-gallon recycling cart for a $1.50 per month (billed quarterly). The cart holds four times more material than the bin and feature a lid and wheels. To request a recycling cart, contact Rumpke at 1-800-582-3107.
Batesville Area Recycling Center
Refrigerators, freezers, AC units, and dehumidifiers are accepted at the Batesville
Area Recycle Center, 616 John Street, Batesville for Ripley and Franklin county
residents only. Operating hours are Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 1-6 pm and
Saturday, 8 am to 12 pm. For further information call 812-801-9099.
Large Garbage Collection
Rumpke will collect large items (material too large to fit in a garbage can/heavier than 75 pounds) four times a year. Collection begins at 5:00 A.M. Citizens are encouraged to set their disposable items out the evening before to ensure items are not missed.
2017 Collection dates
- March 4
- June 3
- September 2
- December 2
Acceptable Items Include:
- Old Clothing
- Any mattress or box springs must be
completely sealed in disposable plastic for removal
- Old rugs, carpet pieces
- Rubber hose
- Appliances (washers, dryers)
- Cans and buckets, completely cleaned and dry
- Paint cans
- No electric devices containing mercury (TV’s, computers, microwaves, cell phones)
- No building and construction materials (bricks, etc.) or remodeling materials (interior/exterior)
- No car body parts including wheels and tires
- No steel or metal framing
- No tree limbs or leaves
For further information, call Rumpke at 1-800-582-3107 or the Mayor’s Office at 933-6100.