Rumpke is the garbage and recycling collection provider for the City of Batesville.
The following roads/streets serve as the dividing line for weekly pick-up:
State Road 46 East, East Pearl Street, West Pearl Street and County Line Road. Residences and businesses north of the streets above will be collected on Tuesday, and residences and businesses south of the streets mentioned, collection is on Friday.
Service continues during inclement weather and delays one day the weeks of
Christmas and New Year’s. Severe Weather: Garbage will not be collected when Ripley and/or Franklin County is at level 3 (No travel, emergency vehicles only).
Garbage items and bagged grass clippings (30 gallons per bag) will be collected with a maximum limit of five (5) bags per household. Cans and bags should not exceed 75 pounds. Please do not place trash or recyclables at the curb in boxes. All boxes should be broken down and bundled.
Rumpke is not responsible for damaged or missing trash cans or lids.
- Pick-up for brush and/or limbs must be bundled, and cannot exceed four (4) feet in length and two (2) feet in diameter. Branches cannot be thicker than four (4) inches around. Bundles cannot weigh more than 50 pounds. Brush or limbs should not be placed in plastic bags.
- To dispose of paint in cans, the paint must be completely dried with a note attached stating: Dried Paint. Mixing equal amounts of inexpensive kitty litter with liquid paint, and leaving the lid off for approximately one week should dry out the paint for proper disposal.
Rumpke offers 18-gallon red recycling bins to all Batesville households, at no additional cost. To have yours delivered, contact Rumpke at 1-800-582-3107. You can also upgrade to a 65-gallon recycling cart for a $1.50 per month (billed quarterly). The cart holds four times more material than the bin and feature a lid and wheels. To request a recycling cart, contact Rumpke at 1-800-582-3107.
Batesville Area Recycling Center
Batesville residents may drop off (During business hours only) “DIFFICULT DISPOSAL” items such as tires, electronics, refrigerant bearing items, rechargeable and auto batteries, fluorescent bulbs and grocery bags at Batesville Area Recycle Center building located at 616 John Street.
Items NOT accepted: Latex Paint and Alkaline Batteries
Latex Paint: fill with kitty litter or newspaper to dry out paint. Set out with regular trash once dried
Alkaline Batteries: duct tape ends (contacts) of the batteries and throw away in regular trash
Operating hours are Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 1-6 pm and Saturday, 8 am to 12 pm. For further information call 812-801-9099.
Batesville Area Recycling Center
Large Garbage Collection
Rumpke will collect 10 large items (material too large to fit in a garbage can/heavier than 75 pounds) four times a year. Collection begins at 5:00 A.M. Citizens are encouraged to set their disposable items out the evening before to ensure items are not missed.
2021 Collection dates
- February 6
- May 1
- August 7
- November 6
Acceptable Items Include:
All items should be properly prepared (sealed in plastic, 4ft bundles,
not exceeding 75lbs. etc.)
- Old Clothing
- Furniture (sealed and wrapped in plastic)
- Any mattress or box springs must be
completely sealed in disposable plastic for removal
- Old rugs, carpet pieces
- Rubber hose
- Appliances (washers, dryers)
- Cans and buckets, completely cleaned and dry
- Paint cans
- No electric devices containing mercury (TV’s, computers, microwaves, cell phones)
- No building and construction materials (bricks, etc.) or remodeling materials (interior/exterior)
- No car body parts including wheels and tires
- No steel or metal framing
- No tree limbs or leaves
For further information, call Rumpke at 1-800-582-3107 or the Mayor’s Office at 933-6100.