Batesville, Ind. Large Garbage Collection Scheduled
Batesville residents with Rumpke service, Rumpke will collect up to ten large items (material too large to fit in a garbage can/heavier than 75 pounds) on Saturday, May 6, 2023. This one-day event begins at 5:00 A.M. Citizens are encouraged to set their disposable items out the evening before to ensure that items are not missed.
Acceptable Items Include:
– old clothing
– furniture, bedsprings & mattresses (must be covered in cellophane/plastic), etc.
– old rugs, carpet pieces (not weighing more than 75 lbs.)
– rubber hose
– appliances (as in washers, driers, etc.)
– wood (bundled 4 feet long or shorter, 75 lbs. maximum)
– all cans or buckets, totally cleaned and dry
– paint cans (must be dried paint)
Unacceptable Items Include:
– No electronic devices containing mercury (as in TV’s, computers, microwaves, cell phones, etc.)
– No building and construction materials (bricks, etc.)
– No remodeling materials (interior/exterior)
– No landscape materials
– No car body parts including wheels and tires
– No steel or metal framing
– No tree limbs, grass clippings or leaves
Refrigerators, AC units, and freezers are required to have a sticker on them showing that the CFC’s was removed by a certified person. This includes units without the compressors in them. If there is no sticker, your unit will be rejected.
TV’s, computers (& monitors), microwaves, VCR’s, and all other electronics may be dropped off (Fee charged) at the Batesville Area Recycle Center, located at 616 John Street in Batesville. Operating hours are Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. 812-801-9099.